North Park has been my "home" for the last 4 years. (Although if you want to get technical I've gone home to both Minnesota and Chicago many times.) I am not ready for this to all be over. I don't want to be done with the social aspects of school. I'm ready to no longer have homework and papers to write, but I'm not ready to be done with IM volleyball, or breaking the rules, or "bowling" pumpkins down the Burgh hallway. I'm not ready to be done getting tipsy before soccer games and seeing family friends, and attempting to avoid them in a crowd of only about 500.
I'm also not ready to live in the real world, where we have to go to work during the week, and where we are responsible for rent, and bills, and all those other things that come with being an adult. It's become a sad realization that college is coming to a close, and all of my dear dear friends are not going to be a few blocks away anymore. Some will be hours away and it will take hours, not minutes for me to get to them, or for them to get to me. I'm sad. I want these memories to last forever.
I'm also not ready to live in the real world, where we have to go to work during the week, and where we are responsible for rent, and bills, and all those other things that come with being an adult. It's become a sad realization that college is coming to a close, and all of my dear dear friends are not going to be a few blocks away anymore. Some will be hours away and it will take hours, not minutes for me to get to them, or for them to get to me. I'm sad. I want these memories to last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment