As I was walking back from Helwig, I walked on Foster and took a good look at the college that I have called home for the last 4 years. It may sound silly that I titled this post "happy" being that in a week 2 of my best friends will not be living in Chicago. It's not as though they are just leaving for the summer, but they aren't coming back, at least not in the next year. That's the not so happy part, but what really is happy is...me.
I honestly haven't been truly happy for a while now. I don't know why but today I recognized that I feel happy, I really do. I haven't had to stress about trying to make something work that I knew would never really work. I realized that as much as you love someone, and as much as you believe that you can make something work, if the people have different goals, and different desires for life, it will never work. Sure, I'm still sad that Seth and I aren't together anymore, I probably will be sad about it for a while, but I know that we are both better off apart from each other. I'm going to be just fine.
And while I'm sad about that, I am happy about everything else in life. I am graduating college with a Bachelors of Science Degree with a Major in Nursing, and I did it in 4 years. I have friends who will always be my friends, I am living in the best city in the world and I can't wait to start life in the real world. While I know I've mentioned that I don't want to enter the real world, I know it's going to be so great, and that the scary parts will only bring more exciting parts, so for that, I can not wait.
I'm happy. And that's all I need to be right now.
and i am happy for you!
ReplyDelete