I know you all know about the show "The Real World" and we all know that that is not really the "real world" the real world is full of responsibilities, full of commitments, full of life changing decisions that you never really thought would ever become a part of your life. Well I am here today to say that I have entered the real world. I'm still in a fog over what has occurred this weekend. I graduated from college. I am done with my schooling, at least for now. I am going to be moving into an apartment on June 1st, and this week I will be starting a new job. My family left me today, and I am now realizing that I'm not going home with them. I live in Chicago now, and I no longer am their dependent. My room at my house in Minnesota is really just a room, a room that has become a storage space for the things that I can't bear to take out of my parent's house. I don't want to be in the real world yet. But something makes me think that it's a little too late to get out of it now. The sun has set on my college life and it is rising on a new life. I am beginning a new chapter and although I'm not quite ready for it, I am so excited to see what it has in store for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment