2.24.2010

change of thought

I have become obsessed, to say the least, with blogs lately, and as I was reading one of a woman who posts quite frequently (as in at least twice a day), I came upon her writing this quote

"I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened"

I thought to myself, where have I heard that before, and then I remembered. It's from a movie, that is actually a quite depressing movie, but I watched it a few times this summer and I specifically remember this quote. And then I thought to myself, what exactly does "the deep beautiful melancholy" mean.?

Then I decided that, as sad as it sounds, that is how my life feels right now, I have realized the need to step back and soak up all that God has given me in my life and be thankful for it, because I have some wonderful friends, the best family in the entire world, and I don't deserve it, but I need to be thankful for it and appreciate it.

I am getting into the deep beautiful melancholy of my life..

1 comment: