11.30.2009

smiling eyes, strong hug, beautiful heart.

So Thanksgiving wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be. It was really good to finally have closure on my grandpa's death. We spread his ashes on the Lake Superior Shoreline in Duluth, my grandma and his hometown, where they met, and where they would have loved to live, had it not been so far from everything and so cold. We said 6-word memoirs that my aunt has been obsessed with lately. Mine is the title of this post, part of it was borrowed from a memorial bench along the boardwalk on the lake, but it really represents what I remember my grandpa as. It was also really great to hang out with cousins. I love all my cousins, and it's strange to go to the same school as them and never really interact the way we did this weekend. it was really great and I can't wait til the next time we get to do it again. I'm thankful for Family who are Friends as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment