1.01.2012

Resolutions of 2011...looking back

This is my new years resolution list from last year, i decided to look back and see what I've accomplished from the list. Let's see how I did!


- get a dog...check, just in time.
- lose 10 lbs or get a 6-pack...eh, not so much. what i lost in fat i gained in muscle and then lost the muscle and gained back the fat...i'm pretty much the same as last year. haha
- save $5,000...more or less, check
- pay at least $12,000 in student loans...not even close.
- make a new friend...I think i can check this one off.
- get a credit card...check
- find a church & go 2-3 times a month...this one will be carried over the the new year
- join or create a small group...same with this one
- go on a real vacation (a relaxing one, where it's warm, and I arrive and depart by plane)...I guess Chelsea's wedding was a vacation, but i'll carry this one over too.
- buy a $40 bottle of wine...does it count that i shipped 3 bottles of wine to our house from another state?? check.
- eat healthy...not so much, those late night runs to the "golden arches" on the way home from work, and DD on the way to work kinda killed it.
- HAVE FUN...2011 was a frickn' blast. I can't wait to make 2012 even better.


I've decided that this year I'm not going to make a list. I love lists, don't get me wrong, but instead of focusing on tasks that I would like to complete I'm going to focus on 5 different things that I would like to me more of:
     A better role model for those high schoolers I mentor.     More fiscally responsible.     A better friend.     More out-going.     A better Christian.
 That's it for now...Happy 2012 to all. I love you all so much and are so happy to have you in my lives.

1 comment: